Joint Services Transcript FAQ


JST is the Joint Services Transcript that has replaced the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) and the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART). JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service members military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.

All enlisted, officers and warrant officers, both active and veterans from all Army components, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy.  Note that JST receives its data from underlying Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy personnel systems.  Air Force personnel should contact CCAF to receive transcripts (URL:

It provides a description of military schooling and work history in civilian language. It serves as a counseling tool for academic and career counselors in advising service members and veterans. It serves as an aid in preparing resumes and explaining Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard and Navy work experience to civilian employers. It also saves time and money by awarding academic credits, which means less tuition to pay and less time spent in the classroom.

No, you do not have to be active duty in order to access the JST website and your transcript. Active duty, Reserve, Veterans or National Guard personnel can use JST. You will need to first register for a JST account. Air Force personnel should contact CCAF to receive transcripts (URL:

Once you have logged into the JST website, click on the link at the top that says Transcripts. From there, you can view your transcript by using the Transcript link. This page also has links that allow you to view your transcript. The transcript contains sections for Military Course Completions, Military Experience and College Level Test Scores. You can print or save the transcript for your records.

After you log on to the JST website you will click the Transcript link at the top of the page and then on the Transcripts menu you will click the Official Transcript Request. On the next page, search for the school and select the institution from the list. Select the correct institution (verify spelling and location are correct) in the resulting search results.  On the next page, acknowledge the consent statement and click Yes.
In the event your school is not listed, please have your school representative contact and request their school be added.
There is no cost for JST transcripts.

It is up to each institution to decide what ACE credit recommendations can be accepted, modified, or rejected. Whether an academic institution accepts the credit recommendations depends on its policies and procedures for transfer credit, your program of study, and your degree requirements.

Most institutions will only use unofficial transcripts for counseling purposes to assist the Service Member during the registration process. The unofficial transcript is available for Service Members to print for their personal use.

As a general rule, institutions will not accept transcripts from a student. The JST is set up to send official electronic transcripts to institutes so for the most part transcripts are delivered electronically. See each branch's form for Special Mailing in unusual situations (future employer, special programs, college requirements, etc) that do not accept electronic copies.

Delivery method (indicated on screen when you order) determines how many transcripts can be ordered/sent out. If the delivery method is electronic then there is no limit. Army and National Guard can only order to institutes that have electronic delivery.

If the delivery method is US Postal Service (USPS) then only 2 transcripts can be ordered within a 30 day period due to the cost associated with generating and mailing.

The data can go back as far as 1976 but data older than 1994 may be missing or incomplete. We can include training on your transcript that was taken prior to 1976. The older the data, the greater the chance something could be missing.

DANTES data (CLEPs, DSSTs, etc.) goes back to 1975; if taken before 1975 or taken at other than a military test center, the data will never be displayed. If the test was fairly recent, it may not yet appear.

If your transcript is missing any of this information please refer to the CORRECTIONS/UPDATES FAQ section (below) for your branch of service.

The Degree Pathways is a virtual counseling tool that allows Sailors and Marines to see how their credit for experience and training is applied to degree programs with schools that have partnered with the Navy. In just a matter of seconds, an academic evaluation for the school of choice will appear on screen with credit applied.


Service Members
If you currently have a CAC card and were prior enlisted, you do not need to register for a JST account (JST should already have your personnel record).
If you do not have access to a Common Access Card (CAC) or a CAC reader you will need to register for a JST account.

Institutions (Academic or other institutions)
To have an account established to enable online viewing of official JSTs for your institution, please send the name, e-mail address, and phone number for each point-of-contact you wish to have an account established. Please also include the physical mailing address for the campus you need the account established, as this will ensure the account is established for the correct location.

Requests should be sent directly to the JST Tech/Operations Center:
Service Members ONLY
Your account will be locked after three unsuccessful login attempts or if the account has not been logged into within the last 30 days.
If you are locked out due to unsuccessful login attempts send an email to and request to have your account unlocked. We'll need your full name and the last 4 digits of your social security number (SSN). Do NOT send your entire SSN. Do not register for a new account, it will be locked out as well.
If you are disabled due to 30 days of inactivity you'll need to register again for a JST account. This applies to service member accounts ONLY!

All Other Account Holders (Non Service Member accounts)
You will need to contact the JST Operations Center at for assistance with account access.
Service Members ONLY
You will need to register again for a JST account. If you have problems establishing an account send us an email with your first name, your last name, and the last four numbers of your SSN to and request your username and password.

All Other Account Holders (Non Service Member accounts)
You will need to contact the JST Operations Center at for assistance with account access.

This message is shown if JST does not have your personnel records or if we can't match what you entered to a person in our system. Before you email us, please double-check the information you have entered into the registration form.

Note: Air Force personnel should contact CCAF to receive transcripts.

In order to access JST from within My Navy Portal(MNP), you must have used your CAC card to log into My Navy Portal. If you used your username and password to log into My Navy Portal, you will be unable to automatically log into JST. You will instead have to log into JST directly at

If you have problems logging into the My Navy Portal (MNP) website, please contact the My Navy Portal Helpdesk toll free: (877) 253-7122, Option 2 or via

We recommend closing your browser and trying to access the site later. If the problem persists, please email us at